Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Try this quick and simple Korean pork barbecue recipe for an outstanding Korean meal. The caramel notes of brown sugar balance the heat of sambal oelek and crushed red pepper.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sambal oelek or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons thai chili paste
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- cooking spray
- Wrap pork in plastic wrap; freeze 1 1/2 hours or until firm. Remove plastic wrap; cut pork diagonally across grain into 1/16-inch-thick slices.
- Combine pork, sugar, and next 6 ingredients (sugar through garlic) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Place a wire grilling basket on grill rack. Remove pork from bag; discard marinade. Place pork on grilling basket coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning frequently.