Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pasta with White Clam Sauce (pg. 343 in The Original New York Times Cookbook by Craig Claiborne) This recipe was the favorite of my wife's father. When people asked about it, he always told them that it was "Dad's World Famous Spaghetti", and in our family, the name stuck.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter, add the garlic, and cook for one minute over moderate heat.
- With a wire whisk, stir in the flour.
- While stirring, add the clam juice.
- Add the parsley, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Simmer gently for ten minutes.
- Add the minced clams and heat through.
- Serve over linguine or spaghetti.