Pasta with White Clam Sauce (pg. 343 in The Original New York Times Cookbook by Craig Claiborne) This recipe was the favorite of my wife's father. When people asked about it, he always told them that it was "Dad's World Famous Spaghetti", and in our family, the name stuck.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, heat the butter, add the garlic, and cook for one minute over moderate heat.
- 2With a wire whisk, stir in the flour.
- 3While stirring, add the clam juice.
- 4Add the parsley, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- 5Simmer gently for ten minutes.
- 6Add the minced clams and heat through.
- 7Serve over linguine or spaghetti.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dad's World Famous Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (1030 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.5
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 64.5 mg
- Sodium 1223.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 18.0 g