1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Terri F.'s Note:
Everyone loved to come to our house for Thanksgiving because my Dad made the best stuffing! There was never any left over.This will stuff a 16 - 20 lb. turkey, plus some!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large pan (dutch oven) brown sausage, scrambling while browning until sausage is in small pieces.
- 2Do not drain!
- 3Add onion, celery, butter, poultry seasoning, chicken livers, giblets, turkey neck bone, and water.
- 4Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 90 minutes.
- 5Remove livers, giblets, and neck bone.
- 6Discard neck bone, chop livers and giblets into small pieces and return to stock.
- 7Put Croutettes into large bowl.
- 8Add stock with meat and vegetables until all croutons are well moistened.
- 9You will use most if not all of the stock, as you want the croutettes to be very moist.
- 10Stuff turkey, and put remainder of stuffing into 2 quart casserole dish.
- 11Bake as directed for turkey, casserole will need 40 minutes at 350 F degrees.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dad's Wonderful Sausage Turkey Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.9
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 97.3 mg
- Sodium 405.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: