Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a family favorite; my sister loves to request it for special occasions. It's a very garlicy, "brothy" sauce that's best sopped up with lots of crusty bread. Traditionally in Italy, this is served over linguine, but we like it with small shells so they can hold more of the sauce. Note: do not add the clams until the very end when tossing the hot pasta with the sauce; otherwise they will become rubbery.
- 6 (1105.63 g) can minced clams
- 236.59 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 453.59 g gluten-free pasta
- Drain clams, reserving juices. Set both the clams and the juice aside.
- Saute minced garlic in oil on medium heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare pasta to al dente.
- Add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to the garlic and oil. Mix well.
- Add clam juice and chicken broth. Bring to a low boil and heat through.
- Toss clams and pasta with sauce just before serving.
Great clam sauce recipe!! Instead of gluten free pasta, I subbed regualar ziti and I used a can of whole baby clams and a small can of minced clams. Topped with just a pat of butter and fresh parmesan cheese. Yum!!! Gotta have nice warm bread with this as well!
Doesn't get much easier than this for a tasty midweek dinner. Lots of flavors going on here! I served with regular pasta, and added some chopped parsley. I also served with shredded parmesan. Made for ZWT 7.