Recipe by DreamoBway
This is a family favorite; my sister loves to request it for special occasions. It's a very garlicy, "brothy" sauce that's best sopped up with lots of crusty bread. Traditionally in Italy, this is served over linguine, but we like it with small shells so they can hold more of the sauce. Note: do not add the clams until the very end when tossing the hot pasta with the sauce; otherwise they will become rubbery.
Top Review by Kim127
Great clam sauce recipe!! Instead of gluten free pasta, I subbed regualar ziti and I used a can of whole baby clams and a small can of minced clams. Topped with just a pat of butter and fresh parmesan cheese. Yum!!! Gotta have nice warm bread with this as well!
- 6 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb gluten-free pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain clams, reserving juices. Set both the clams and the juice aside.
- Saute minced garlic in oil on medium heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare pasta to al dente.
- Add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to the garlic and oil. Mix well.
- Add clam juice and chicken broth. Bring to a low boil and heat through.
- Toss clams and pasta with sauce just before serving.