Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My dad made this up--he loves German cooking and I hope you enjoy it too. The taste is just wonderful!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot dogs or 1 (16 ounce) packagekosher hot dogs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 potato, grated finely
- Bake the wieners in a baking dish at 350° for 30 minutes, then slice into bite-size pieces.
- In an oven proof skillet, sauté the onion in the butter until translucent, then add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, then simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Add the cooked wieners and put in the oven covered for 30-40 minutes at 325°.