Dad's Tuna Melt Casserole is a recipe devised by my DH on one of his kick the shelves and thats whats for dinner nights. It has become a family favorite.
- 1 lb dreamfields low-carb penne
- 1 (26 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (Undiluted)
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) envelopes tuna
- 2 cups fancy shredded cheese
- 1 cup low-carb breadcrumbs (We Use Carb-Careful By 4C You Can Use Crumbs of your Choice And Amount of Your Choice)
- 1 tablespoon butter-flavored cooking spray (to taste)
- Prepare Pasta as Directed - Drain.
- Mix - All Ingredients Together , Except Crumbs.
- Place in a 9 X 13 Casserole Dish.
- Sprinkle with your Preferred Amount of Crumbs.
- Spray with Butter Flavor , Butter Replacement Spray , NOT Cooking Oil Spray.
- Bake at 350 Degrees for 20-30 Minutes.
We enjoyed this nice easy variation of tuna hot dish with a denser texture for lunch today. I also appreciate that all the ingredients are handy. I topped ours with chopped red pepper to add just a bit of crunch. Thanks ~*Laci*~ for posting. Made for PAC Fall '08.
Well I made this yesterday with a few changes due to what I had on hand. I used homemade egg noodles, 2 cans of tuna(drained) and 2 10.5 oz cans of Cream of Mushroom soup. The whole family loved it!!!! This one is a keeper. Thank your DH for sharing Laci.