Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great liqueur my dad taught me to make years ago. It packs quite a whollup so beware....
- 1 3⁄4 ounces instant coffee
- 9 cups water
- 6 cups sugar
- 2 ounces pure vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 pints of 190 proof ethyl alcohol
- Steep 1 3/4 ounces of instant coffee in 4 cups of boiling water.
- Make a syrup by putting 6 cups of sugar in 5 cups of boiling water- allow to cool- then add 2 ounces of pure vanilla extract.
- Mix syrup with coffee mixture then add 1 3/4 pints of 190 proof ethyl alcohol (Everclear).
- Let cool and enjoy!
What an amazing recipe! I love making liqueurs, and my usual recipe for coffee liqueur involves steeping coffee beans in the alcohol for weeks and weeks to get the proper strength. This method took me a whole 10 minutes to put together! The flavor is just as good as if I had done the bean steep. I bottled half the stuff as is, and then mixed the other half with a milk/sugar syrup for a creamy liqueur. I'm going to be using this recipe from now on, thanks!