Recipe by Happy Harry #2
My dad love to invent new things. I don't know if he made this up himself or someone told him....nevertheless, it is really wonderful. Over the years, I tweaked this to a more healthy style (he used sour cream and sugar).
- 16 ounces fat-free cottage cheese (may use low-fat)
- 2 -3 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute (more to taste)
- 12 large seedless grapes, halved (red or green)
- 12 medium strawberries, halved
- 1 medium kiwi, peeled and cut into bit-sized chunks
- 1 large banana, cut into bite-sized chunks*
- 1⁄2 medium cantaloupe, seeded and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 12 walnuts, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- There should be more fruit than dressing.
- Choose any other types of fruit as they come into season.
- * Open and slice banana last to maintain its' color.
- Combine yogurt, cottage cheese, and sugar substitute.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add all fruits, nuts, and toss gently to coat.
- Do not break down the fruit.
- Chill at least 1/2 hour.