1/2 Photos of Dad's Summertime Fruit Salad
Happy Harry #2's Note:
My dad love to invent new things. I don't know if he made this up himself or someone told him....nevertheless, it is really wonderful. Over the years, I tweaked this to a more healthy style (he used sour cream and sugar).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces fat-free cottage cheese (may use low-fat)
- 2 -3 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute (more to taste)
- 12 large seedless grapes, halved (red or green)
- 12 medium strawberries, halved
- 1 medium kiwi, peeled and cut into bit-sized chunks
- 1 large banana, cut into bite-sized chunks*
- 1/2 medium cantaloupe, seeded and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 12 walnuts, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1There should be more fruit than dressing.
- 2Choose any other types of fruit as they come into season.
- 3* Open and slice banana last to maintain its' color.
- 4Combine yogurt, cottage cheese, and sugar substitute.
- 5Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- 6Add all fruits, nuts, and toss gently to coat.
- 7Do not break down the fruit.
- 8Chill at least 1/2 hour.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dad's Summertime Fruit Salad
Serving Size: 1 (669 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.2
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.0 mg
- Sodium 33.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 23.4 g