Recipe by baldwin bistro
A great summertime side dish...my mom and I were reflecting on where in the world this recipe came from---my dad made it for me as a child, and it's so perfect, I never could face to mess with changing it! I've seen some close variations, but this is my all-time favorite!! Even my hubby who hates olives loves this!!
- 170.09 g can albacore tuna in water
- 118.29-177.44 ml Miracle Whip (mayo not recommended)
- 2 celery ribs, finely diced
- 78.07 ml green olives, sliced (with pimentos)
- 453.59 g elbow macaroni (cooked slightly al dente, then chilled rinsed to cool)
- onion powder, to taste
- celery salt, to taste
- garlic salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste (I like Mortons Nature Seasoning)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta until slightly undercooked (should still have a slight bite to it!) Be sure to completely chill elbows before adding to mixture.
- Drain and flake tuna in bowl, add celery and sliced olives.
- Add Miracle Whip and season with Nature's Seasoning to desired taste----season carefully as olives add quite a bit of saltiness!
- Cover and chill for 45 minutes to meld flavors!
- Great with burgers, brats, any summertime favorite or with a simple friut salad as a main dish!