1/3 Photos of Dad's Summer Tuna / Mac Salad
baldwin bistro's Note:
A great summertime side dish...my mom and I were reflecting on where in the world this recipe came from---my dad made it for me as a child, and it's so perfect, I never could face to mess with changing it! I've seen some close variations, but this is my all-time favorite!! Even my hubby who hates olives loves this!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna in water
- 1/2-3/4 cup Miracle Whip (mayo not recommended)
- 2 celery ribs, finely diced
- 1/3 cup green olives, sliced (with pimentos)
- 1 lb elbow macaroni (cooked slightly al dente, then chilled rinsed to cool)
- onion powder, to taste
- celery salt, to taste
- garlic salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste (I like Mortons Nature Seasoning)
- 1Boil pasta until slightly undercooked (should still have a slight bite to it!) Be sure to completely chill elbows before adding to mixture.
- 2Drain and flake tuna in bowl, add celery and sliced olives.
- 3Add Miracle Whip and season with Nature's Seasoning to desired taste----season carefully as olives add quite a bit of saltiness!
- 4Cover and chill for 45 minutes to meld flavors!
- 5Great with burgers, brats, any summertime favorite or with a simple friut salad as a main dish!
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dad's Summer Tuna / Mac Salad
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.0
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 18.7 mg
- Sodium 364.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 25.6 g