Super healthy, my dad got me and my siblings to eat so much healthy stuff because he put it in the waffles we never even new! Healthy nuts with healthy fats, healthy oil, no trans fats, no simple sugar honey is better for you, and fruit what could be better!
- 2 cups pancake mix (we use trader joe's multi-grain pancake mix because it has no trans fats)
- 1 1⁄3 cups 1% low-fat milk or 1 1⁄3 cups nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup nuts (we use pecans and walnuts)
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- semi-sweet chocolate chips, 12 semi-sweet chocolate chips, per waffle (for a special treat) (optional)
- Combine everything in a blender and mix until combined and nuts are crushed.
- Heat up waffle iron and grease lightly with nonstick spray.
- Cook according to manufacturers directions.
- Top with pure maple syrup, butter, fat free whipped cream, fruit or whatever else you want!