1/1 Photo of Dads Spectacular Waffles
Super healthy, my dad got me and my siblings to eat so much healthy stuff because he put it in the waffles we never even new! Healthy nuts with healthy fats, healthy oil, no trans fats, no simple sugar honey is better for you, and fruit what could be better!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups pancake mix (we use trader joe's multi-grain pancake mix because it has no trans fats)
- 1 1/3 cups 1% low-fat milk or 1 1/3 cups nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup nuts (we use pecans and walnuts)
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- semi-sweet chocolate chips, 12 semi-sweet chocolate chips, per waffle (for a special treat) (optional)
- 1Combine everything in a blender and mix until combined and nuts are crushed.
- 2Heat up waffle iron and grease lightly with nonstick spray.
- 3Cook according to manufacturers directions.
- 4Top with pure maple syrup, butter, fat free whipped cream, fruit or whatever else you want!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dads Spectacular Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.1
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.0 mg
- Sodium 600.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 8.4 g