Recipe by Seedbeads
My dad made this sausage for us when I was growing up - it was a typical weekend breakfast along with fried eggs. The smell of it still brings back memories of big weekend breakfasts. My dad's not around to make this anymore, but I'm glad I made him write the recipe down for me! Now I can make it for weekend breakfasts for MY kids. Prep time includes freezing.
- 2 lbs ground beef (use fresh only, not frozen)
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients until well-combined.
- Shape into loaves, wrap in plastic and freeze at least until firm.
- To cook, thaw just until you can slice it, then slice and fry until browned on both sides and cooked through (no pink). It gets pretty dark.
- You can also add nutmeg or garlic powder to this recipe, but dad was anti-garlic, so he'd never tell you that part!