Recipe by Anna P.
A great shrimp recipe that my father came up with, I have made a lot and turns out great every time, I also have used raw shrimp and I just increase the cooking time, have it alone or with rice.
- 1 medium onion, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper or 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (pimento sauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 -3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 lb pre- cooked shrimp or 1 lb raw shrimp
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the ingredients above, except wine, tomato paste and shrimp.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, then add wine, tomato paste and cook another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the pre-cooked shrimp, if using raw shrimp, cook until shrimp is done.
- Serve over rice or pasta.