Recipe by ~Robyn~
My dads recipe, personally I can't get enough of this, very easy and fast too. It uses the jars of red peppers along with fresh.
Top Review by phonegirl
Going to try this tonight but Im going to substitute the Pork Sausage for turkey, to help reduce the calorie sand as well instead of pasta Im serving it with Cabbage steaks. will let you know how it all comes together, Also I am going to add a few Jalepenos for some Kick!
- 2 (15 ounce) jars red bell peppers (may use just one)
- 1 fresh green bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 lbs Italian sausage (casings removed)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb pasta, of choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove casings from sausage.
- Cook and crumble till brown in a large pot along with fresh bell pepper, onion and garlic.
- Chop jarred red peppers smaller and add to sausage WITH their juice.
- Simmer on low.
- Prepare the linguini according to package instructions, drain.
- Add to sausage mixture and toss with parmesan cheese.