Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My dads recipe, personally I can't get enough of this, very easy and fast too. It uses the jars of red peppers along with fresh.
- 2 (15 ounce) jars red bell peppers (may use just one)
- 1 fresh green bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 lbs Italian sausage (casings removed)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb pasta, of choice
- Remove casings from sausage.
- Cook and crumble till brown in a large pot along with fresh bell pepper, onion and garlic.
- Chop jarred red peppers smaller and add to sausage WITH their juice.
- Simmer on low.
- Prepare the linguini according to package instructions, drain.
- Add to sausage mixture and toss with parmesan cheese.
Going to try this tonight but Im going to substitute the Pork Sausage for turkey, to help reduce the calorie sand as well instead of pasta Im serving it with Cabbage steaks. will let you know how it all comes together, Also I am going to add a few Jalepenos for some Kick!
This is a regular in our family. We keep ingredients on hand in the freezer/cupboard for unexpected guest dinners. Our family does prefer jarred roasted red peppers and we use a frozen pepper and onion mix. Goes well to potluck in a crockpot.
This is a great recipe! I did add some fresh thyme, and used red onion, but the base of this is very flavorful. I will make this again!