Prep 40 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a great stuffing recipe,its best when used to stuff a turkey.
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 8 carrots, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 parsnips, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 cups white bread, cubed
- 1 cup warm water (optional)
- In a large skillet, add oil and butter. Melt together.Once melted add all your vegetables, mushrooms, garlic, and spices and saute until tender.
- Turn off heat, get out a large mixing bowl, and add in your bread cubes.
- Mix in your vegetables with butter remnants.
- Add in your chicken broth and beaten eggs.
- Mix everything well, if you need to, add water to desired consistency.
- Stuff in your turkey, or bake at 350°F in a greased 9x13 pan covered in foil tightly for 35-40 minutes.