Recipe by Bill From New Mexico
A simple soup filling enough to be a complete meal My dad used to make this soup which his German mother cooked for is Polish father.
- 4 large potatoes
- 9.85 ml olive oil or 9.85 ml bacon grease
- 1 onion
- 473.18 ml milk
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 4 slice bacon (cooked)
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel onions and dice.
- In a large sauce pan, saute onions in olive oil or bacon grease until translucent.
- Peel potatoes and dice.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth to onions.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until potatoes are tender (30-45 minutes).
- Add sour cream, milk.
- Break bacon into one or two inch parts and add to pan.
- Return to a boil, then simmer 30 minutes.