Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A simple soup filling enough to be a complete meal My dad used to make this soup which his German mother cooked for is Polish father.
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons bacon grease
- 1 onion
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 4 slices bacon (cooked)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Peel onions and dice.
- In a large sauce pan, saute onions in olive oil or bacon grease until translucent.
- Peel potatoes and dice.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth to onions.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until potatoes are tender (30-45 minutes).
- Add sour cream, milk.
- Break bacon into one or two inch parts and add to pan.
- Return to a boil, then simmer 30 minutes.