Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
My dad used to make these all the time. Very good!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thoroughly beat eggs.
- add milk and melted butter.
- sift together flour and salt.
- gradually beat in flour/salt mixture and sugar.
- Generously grease deep glass baking cups or muffin tin.
- Set cups in a shallow baking pan.
- Pour batter into cups filling them about 1/2 full for tall popovers.
- Bake in oven 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Depending on size, popovers should be high, crusty and well browned when thoroughly baked.