Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My dad wouldn't be able to live without pecan pie, so I mixed up this tasty pie, which he has grown to love. I hope it grows on you as well. :)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup light corn syrup (Karo brand, do not try dark syrup)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups toasted pecans
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
- Cream the sugar and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Add syrup, salt, and vanilla; mix again.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix after each.
- Stir in pecans (or you can place them on top).
- Pour mixture into pie crust. (Do not bake the pie crust first for this one).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 45 minutes.
- *Ice cream is an excellent complement.
- **After half way done baking, cover edges of pie with tin foil (insures that your middle gets cooked the same as your crusts).