Recipe by Nurbel
These are the ribs that my Dad has cooked for years. My friends used to make sure they came around whenever they heard that he was going to be baking some and as a result he usually made several batches at a time. I recently ran into some old buddies and they asked for the recipe so I thought I would post it here. These ribs are messy, sticky and the meat falls off the bone. I wouldn't want them any other way.
- 4 lbs pork back ribs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 3 lemon slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 4 lbs of pork back ribs into serving size pieces.
- Simmer the ribs, covered, in enough water to cover for about 1 hour or until nearly tender.
- About 10-20 minutes or so before the ribs are done simmering melt the butter in a sauce pan; add crushed garlic and cook 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the sauce pan and bring to boiling.
- Drain ribs and place in a shallow baking pan.
- Pour boiling sauce over the ribs.
- Bake at 350 F degrees for 20 minutes, basting often with the sauce.