Dad's - Our Favorite Meatloaf
- For the tomato relish, chop tomatoes, peppers, and onions into a medium dice. Saute over high heat. Finish with ketchup. Lower heat. Reduce to a simmer.
- For the Meatloaf, in a large mixing bowl, using a fork, combine 1/2 cup of the tomato relish, the ground meats, egg and egg white, bread crumbs, garlic and skim milk.
- Finish with olive oil, and then lightly pack into a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Cover with half the remaining relish and place in the middle of a preheated 350 degree oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes to one hour or until the center of the meat loaf reaches 170 degrees.
- Allow meatloaf to cool 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with additional relish.