These were my Dad's favorite when I was a kid, now they are hubby's favorite.
Make and share this Dad's Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, shortening and sugars. Add egg, water and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 11-12 minutes.
I made these yesterday, my son is coming home and loves oatmeal cookies. They are wonderfully crispy, I like that. Great with ice cream! Thanks.
What is not to love about these cookies. My DH chose to surprise me by making them for me. By the time I got home there was only a few left. That should say it all. YUMM!