Recipe by GingerlyJ
This is my Husband's chili recipe.. it's one of the only things he knows how to cook.. it is lovely and even won second prize in the annual churchill downs chili cook-off
- 1 gallon vegetable juice
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 lb stewing beef
- 1 cup banana pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (6 ounce) canchili en adobo bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup elbow macaroni noodles
- chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown stew beef in a skillet.
- In the same skillet sautee onions and green pepper until soft.
- add to stock pot with Juice, tomato paste, tomatoes, peppers, chili powder and peanut butter.
- Simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Add noodles and 1 cup water.
- Turn up heat and cook 10 more minutes until noodles are tender.
- Serve with sour cream, crackers and cheese.