Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
These are so tender they fall off the bone! Easy clean up and takes less than an hour.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 lbs pork spareribs
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- Mix first 5 ingredients in glass measuring cup.
- Microwave at hi 1 minute stirring once or twice.
- Arrange ribs in 13x9 inch glass baking dish.
- Pour sauce on top, cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on hi 5 minutes.
- Microwave at 50 for 20 minutes.
- Turn ribs over, microwave at 50 for 20 minutes.
- Drain liquid, reserve.
- Microwave ribs uncovered at 50 for 4 minutes.
- Skim fat from reserved juices.
- Mix cornstarch and water, add to juices, microwave 1-2 minutes until thickened; serve over ribs.
I really like the flavor of this sauce, it definitely enhanced the flavor of the ribs. However, they were not as tender as I had expected from the description. It may be due to the variance you find in microwave wattage, although mine is a fairly new model. I served them with Japanese Cabbage Salad which was very complimentary to the Soy Sauce based ribs. I would use this recipe for the sauce again, but think I would slow cook the ribs in the oven or a crockpot. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
These were quick, easy and tasty, but my microwave must have a higher wattage as the ribs did over cook. I used standard ribs but think this and my microwave would be ideal for country ribs which are thicker and have more fat (mine were supper lean). This is defiantly a recipe I would like to try again with the country cut ribs. Made and reviewed in memory of chia / Sandy who will be remembered for her love of family and food. Rest in peace Sandy.