Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my favorite and the most easy macaroni and cheese you will ever make!!!! My dad made it for us growing up...the addition of tomato soup is key!
- 2 cups whole wheat pasta shells, uncooked
- 10 3⁄4 ounces campbell's tomato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) 1% low-fat milk (fill the soup can)
- 3 cups low-fat cheddar cheese (grated)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour can of tomato soup into a casserole dish and pour can of milk into same casserole dish, whisk together. Add 3/4 of the cheese to the casserole and mix.
- Drain macaroni and add to tomato/cheese mixture, stir. Put remaining cheese on top and cover. Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes until bubbly.
Made this for a couple of house-bound neighbors who really enjoy mac & cheese, & they were so pleased with the nice change of pace this recipe provided, you'd think they were just kids (which they aren't)! Now, when things slow down a little around here, I want to make this just for the 2 of us! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]