Recipe by Cuistot
This is a simple dinner my husband came up with when I was on bed rest. It is now his "signature dish" and the whole family loves it! Even better the next day!
Top Review by Suzanne Valerie
Wonderful dinner! I have made this several times already but kept forgetting to say thanks! for a great recipe. I did however cut the brown sugar to 1/2 cup as suggested by fellow recipezaarians. This time I am putting it with egg noodles. Thanks!
- 1 small minced onions or 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 lbs kielbasa, cut in 1/4-inch rounds
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lb pasta, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet saute onion until translucent.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, water, and brown sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add Kielbasa.
- Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the 1/4 cup cold water with the 1 tablespoon of corn starch in a small glass until smooth.
- Add cornstarch mixture to the skillet, stir well and remove from heat. Sauce will thicken as it stands.
- Serve over pasta or as an appetizer with toothpicks.