Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe my Dad invented that has brought my family many a pleasant winter evening. I have tried many different Irish coffees, this is by far the best ever. If you have a problem with caffeine you can substitute decaf coffee; or we have used 1/2 decaf and 1/2 regular grounds when making the coffee.
- 1⁄4 fluid ounce Creme de Cacao
- 1 1⁄2 fluid ounces Irish whiskey
- whipped cream, canned,the dairy kind not the non-dairy whipped topping
- Pour enough Creme de Cacao in the bottom of a coffee cup to just coat the bottom of the cup.
- Add the Irish whiskey.
- Fill the cup with coffee leaving room for the whipped cream.
- Using a swirling motion, top the coffee with whipped cream.
- Drizzle Creme de Cocoa on the whipped cream.
I'm not a coffee drinker but I decided to make this for friends. And the crowd went wild!!!! I made copies for everyone and they said be sure to thank Dad for sharing this. (Since I'm not a coffee drinker, how about posting some more recipes for me to try? Huh? Pretty please?? With sugar on it??? :-)
This was a little stout for even me. I'll cut back on the whiskey next time. I added a pinch of sugar to made up for not using the whipped cream (that I didn't have) and it helped the taste for us. Made for a great afternoon coffee drink. Thanks. Made for Spring PAC 2013
It was a little bit too sweet for our taste. Maybe it would be enough creme de cacao in the bottom of the glass. No more on top. Thanks Notherjack :) Made for Cookbook tag game