Recipe by Notherjack
This is a recipe my Dad invented that has brought my family many a pleasant winter evening. I have tried many different Irish coffees, this is by far the best ever. If you have a problem with caffeine you can substitute decaf coffee; or we have used 1/2 decaf and 1/2 regular grounds when making the coffee.
Top Review by Merlot
I'm not a coffee drinker but I decided to make this for friends. And the crowd went wild!!!! I made copies for everyone and they said be sure to thank Dad for sharing this. (Since I'm not a coffee drinker, how about posting some more recipes for me to try? Huh? Pretty please?? With sugar on it??? :-)
- 1⁄4 fluid ounce Creme de Cacao
- 1 1⁄2 fluid ounces Irish whiskey
- whipped cream, canned,the dairy kind not the non-dairy whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour enough Creme de Cacao in the bottom of a coffee cup to just coat the bottom of the cup.
- Add the Irish whiskey.
- Fill the cup with coffee leaving room for the whipped cream.
- Using a swirling motion, top the coffee with whipped cream.
- Drizzle Creme de Cocoa on the whipped cream.