Prep 120 hrs
Cook 8 hrs
This makes a great summertime snack, or anytime snack for that matter. Just grab some crackers and cheese and you're good to go!
- 5 lbs ground beef
- 5 teaspoons morton's honey cure salt
- 4 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard salt or 2 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons hickory smoke salt
- DAY ONE: Mix all ingredients together. Place in a bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
- DAY TWO-FOUR: Knead mixture one time each day.
- DAY FIVE: Divide into 5 equal portions, roll each out into a sausage-shaped cylinder. Place them on a broiler pan in an oven and bake (dry, really) for 8 hours at 150 degrees.