Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe my dad got from my step mom's sister sometime last year. He made it for Christmas '08, and it was some of the best homemade macaroni I have ever had.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked
- 2 cups light cottage cheese
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- 3 eggs, slghtly beaten
- 4 cups Mexican blend cheese or 4 cups cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- paprika (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook macaroni and drain.
- Mix all ingredients except paprika and 2 cups Mexican blend or cheddar cheese in a 2-quart baking dish.
- Top with remaining 2 cups cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until done.
- Recipe can be halved and cooked in a 9x9 pan.
This will be a monthly dish. Loved it and so did all my toddlers. :)
Fabulous recipe! It's so creamy and not dry at all. I made no changes to this recipe. I used monterey jack and cheddar cheeses. We loved it. Thanx for sharing this! It's a keeper for sure.
This recipe is one our favorites...it reheats so well....the recipe also does not use flour....love the flavor....