Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my all-time favorite childhood memories is Dad making pudding and enjoying it while it is still warm.
- 2 3⁄4 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place milk in medium sauce pan and begin to heat.
- Mix together dry ingrediants; gradually whisk into milk and bring to a gentle boil.
- Stir butter and vanilla; simmer and stir constantly for 20-30 minutes. There may be some small lumps, but they are tasty lumps!
- Pour immediately into individual serving bowls and enjoy while still warm.
- Pour left overs into an ice cube tray or popsicle molds for a frozen treat later on.
yummy!!! why haven't i made this sooner? it was just like i remember from when i was little, or maybe better ;)
Total comfort food - I nearly ate the lot - DD had to fight for a serve !!!
OMG, is there anything better than this? I think not! Amazing and incredible is right. I haven't had pudding like this since I was little. Mmmm! Made for PAC Spring 09.