Recipe by ALH
The chili my father has made since I was young. A great chili in my opinion.
Top Review by Outta Here
Great bowl of chili. I also added lots of cumin (love it!). I made one change: The only canned "chili beans" I could find were pintos, and we prefer kidney beans, so I used those and added more of the chili powder, garlic and cumin, and added a can of diced tomatoes. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb sausage
- 3 jalapenos
- 3 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 1 onion
- 2 (15 ounce) cans hot chili beans (typically use Bushs Best hot)
- 2 (15 ounce) cansmild chili beans (typically use Bushs Best mild)
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- chili powder (to taste)
- garlic (to taste)
- cumin (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onion and jalapeno.
- Saute onion and jalapeno in butter.
- While onion sautes brown the beef and sausage, drain.
- To a large stock/soup pot over low heat add beans, green chilis, and tomatoes.
- Add onion and jalapeno when tender to pot and add meat when brown.
- Add chili powder, garlic, and cumin.
- Cook for approximately 45 minutes over low heat, stirring frequently.