Recipe by Peachy326
A Ground beef mixture that is spread on both halves of a hamburger bun, broiled, and served open faced. Half Hamburgers come from my childrens' Dad's family. It's a mixture of all the things you'd probably put in/on a hamburger, spread on the halves of the hamburger buns. It's so easy that kids can make it, although they'll need adult help with the broiling. Men love it too, so it would be great for a poker game or Superbowl party. Get "moosh-ing" and enjoy!
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 egg, large
- 3⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced onions, dried
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 hamburger buns, separated into halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl; "moosh" by hand - clean hands, if you please - until spreadable.
- Spread mixture hamburger buns; both bottoms and tops.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Broil on second rack of oven for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Check center with small knife for doneness.
- Times may vary slightly from oven to oven.