1/1 Photo of Dad's Garlic & Wine Bread
Everyone who tries this LOVES it. I'm addicted to it. My Dad was quite a character and a great intuitive cook who never used a recipe. Lucky for me this was easy to replicate (unlike his Sunday morning crepes).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400.
- 2Slice the bread almost all the way through in 1" - 1-1/2" slices. (You want the loaf to stay intact while baking but easy to separate once baked).
- 3Place bread in a jelly roll pan on a large enough sheet of aluminum foil that you can fold the sides up to contain the wine/butter mixture (you WANT the bread to sit in the wine/butter mixture -- Oh yes).
- 4Place a sliver of garlic between each slice.
- 5Melt butter in glass cup measure in microwave.
- 6Stir in an equal amount of red wine to the cup.
- 7Drizzle the wine/butter mixture between each slice and pour remainder over the top. If you double the recipe, you'll want to mix it again mid-pour as the wine & butter tend to separate.
- 8Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes. Bread is done with the top and especially the bottom of the bread is crusty. We remove the garlic before eating so as not to offend others the next day.
- 9If you don't like this, you'll be the first one who didn't.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dad's Garlic & Wine Bread
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.0
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 773.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 10.1 g