1 hr 10 mins
Kenda's Kitchen's Note:
My dad has been frying fish in this batter since at least the 1970's. The breading is somewhat sweet. We think it's important to use 7-up and Aunt Jemima pancake mix. A biscuit mix does not work!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut fish into pieces no larger than 2 inches.
- 2Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Flour fish in small batches in a Ziploc bag, then lay on a plate.
- 4Allow fish to sit for 30 minutes.
- 5Heat 3-4 inches oil in a medium saucepan on medium heat about 10-15 minutes.
- 6Mix 7up, egg, pancake mix, and sugar.
- 7Individually dip fish into batter and then gently place in oil.
- 8Fry about 5 pieces at a time. Oil should be at a simmer when fish is cooking. Fry on both sides until golden.
- 9Drain on paper towels.
Nutritional Facts for Dad's Fried Crappie
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2201.5
- Calories from Fat 1990
- Total Fat 221.1 g
- Saturated Fat 28.9 g
- Cholesterol 59.7 mg
- Sodium 417.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: