Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From the Thursday magazine, this was submitted by Molly Carvalho. Preparation time includes refrigeration time. My dad adores this dessert:) Preparation time includes refrigeration time.
- 4 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup sugar, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (jaifal)
- 3 -5 saffron strands, soaked in
- 1 tablespoon of hot milk
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the yogurt in a thick cloth.
- Tie it and hang it up to drain out the water for an hour.
- Put the remaining yoghurt that is inside the cloth into a container.
- Add in the sugar.
- Whip it nicely till the mixture is soft and smooth.
- Add in the soaked saffron with the milk, nutmeg (jaifal) powder and cardamom powder.
- Transfer the mixture into a serving dish.
- Garnish with finely chopped pistachios.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Serve as a dessert!
- Remember to eat less of your meal because you'll want to eat more of this yummy treat!