1/1 Photo of Dad's Favourite Yummy Indian Dessert - Shrikhand
2 hrs 5 mins
From the Thursday magazine, this was submitted by Molly Carvalho. Preparation time includes refrigeration time. My dad adores this dessert:) Preparation time includes refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the yogurt in a thick cloth.
- 2Tie it and hang it up to drain out the water for an hour.
- 3Put the remaining yoghurt that is inside the cloth into a container.
- 4Add in the sugar.
- 5Whip it nicely till the mixture is soft and smooth.
- 6Add in the soaked saffron with the milk, nutmeg (jaifal) powder and cardamom powder.
- 7Transfer the mixture into a serving dish.
- 8Garnish with finely chopped pistachios.
- 9Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 10Serve as a dessert!
- 11Remember to eat less of your meal because you'll want to eat more of this yummy treat!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dad's Favourite Yummy Indian Dessert - Shrikhand
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.0
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 173.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 67.4 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: