Prep 2 hrs
Cook 5 mins
From the Thursday magazine, this was submitted by Molly Carvalho. Preparation time includes refrigeration time. My dad adores this dessert:) Preparation time includes refrigeration time.
- Put the yogurt in a thick cloth.
- Tie it and hang it up to drain out the water for an hour.
- Put the remaining yoghurt that is inside the cloth into a container.
- Add in the sugar.
- Whip it nicely till the mixture is soft and smooth.
- Add in the soaked saffron with the milk, nutmeg (jaifal) powder and cardamom powder.
- Transfer the mixture into a serving dish.
- Garnish with finely chopped pistachios.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Serve as a dessert!
- Remember to eat less of your meal because you'll want to eat more of this yummy treat!
This was lovely. I cut the sugar by half and increased the saffron slightly, and it was sublime, exactly what I was trying to recreate. Thank you so much for posting this recipe.