Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
My Dad will eat anything with Stilton in it - but he goes CRAZY for these! A really nice take on the regular quiche. You could also make mini quiches for parties etc.
- 7 ounces shortcrust pastry
- 2 1⁄2 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 3 spring onions, chopped finely (scallions)
- 1 large free-range egg
- 65 ml single cream
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- flour, for dusting
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 5. Divide the pastry into 2 and roll each out to make 15cm rounds on a floured surface. Line 2 12cm quiche tins or pie dishes and prick the bases with a fork.
- Put on a baking tray and blind bake for 10 minutes (loosely scrunch up tin foil and place over pastry). Remove the foil, turn oven down to 175c & return to oven for 5 more minutes.
- Gently fry spring onions for 2-3 minutes Place half in each tin. Sprinkle half of the Stilton into each tin. Whisk egg, cream, salt and pepper in a jug and pour over the Stilton.
- Return to oven and resume cooking for a further 20 minutes or until quiche is set and lightly golden on the top.
- Serve warm or cold with salad.
A wonderful and very similar recipe to one I make - being a HUGE lover of Stilton!! I substituted the single cream for liquid creme fraiche and used olive oil instead of sunflower oil. I did not add salt as I find the cheese is salty enough! A great classic recipe - thanks Rezika! Made for ZWT3.
As a fellow lover of Stilton...the only word for this quiche is FABULOUS! What a treat!