1/6 Photos of Dad's Favorite Snickerdoodles
Mommy Diva's Note:
My Dad insists on Snickerdoodles every year for Father's Day, his birthday, the holidays- any excuse he can think of to get me to make these!! My hubby and kids don't mind them either!! I make my version of this Betty Crocker recipe.:) Great for gifting friends too! I don't use self-rising flour ever on these, but included the info in case someone did in the ingredients. I DO add extra flour when needed if the consistency of the cookies aren't what I want- more flour makes them "fluffier". Adjust accordingly each time you make based on your personal taste!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine (I usually use Imperial)
- 1/2 cup shortening (Crisco)
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (omit cream of tartar,salt and baking soda if using self rising flour)
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar (approx to roll balls in)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (to mix with sugar topping)
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon for topping mix. Set aside.
- 3In large mixing bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups sugar, the margarine, shortening, vanilla and eggs. I find the texture of the cookies best if I stick to this margarine/shortening ratio.
- 4Sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- 5Mix thoroughly into wet mixture (eggs/butter, etc).
- 6Shape into balls- I usually make a heaping teaspoonful-depends on your preference.
- 7Roll tops of balls into sugar/cinnamon mixture to coat.
- 8Place approximately 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes until set.
- 9Remove cookies immediately from sheet to rack to cool.
- 10TIP- I find best results also when I refrigerate the dough/balls between batches until they are baked. This keeps them from spreading out as much.
- 11ENJOY! ;).
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dad's Favorite Snickerdoodles
Serving Size: 1 (1031 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.9
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 6.2 mg
- Sodium 42.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 0.8 g