Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Mom's excellent adaptation with dad's beloved brown sugar. This recipe is dense, custardy and flavorful with gorgeous color, especially if you use dark brown sugar.
- 2 unbaked 9-inch pie shells
- 4 eggs
- 566.99 g can pumpkin
- 354.88 ml brown sugar, lightly packed
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ginger
- 2.46 ml clove
- 2 (680.38 g) can evaporated milk
- 236.59 ml cream, whipped with
- 44.37 ml sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Brush shells with slightly beaten egg white.
- Mix ingredients in order given. Pour into shells. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 1 hour or until knife inserted in center of pie filling omes out clean.
- Let cool and serve with whipped cream.
My mom always made it with the dark brown sugar...makes a big difference. I can't eat pumpkin pie any other way. Thanks for posting.