Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Mom's excellent adaptation with dad's beloved brown sugar. This recipe is dense, custardy and flavorful with gorgeous color, especially if you use dark brown sugar.
- 2 unbaked 9-inch pie shells
- 4 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 cup cream, whipped with
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Brush shells with slightly beaten egg white.
- Mix ingredients in order given. Pour into shells. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 1 hour or until knife inserted in center of pie filling omes out clean.
- Let cool and serve with whipped cream.
My mom always made it with the dark brown sugar...makes a big difference. I can't eat pumpkin pie any other way. Thanks for posting.