Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Part crunchy, part chewy, all mouth watering. It is hard to keep these from disappearing. I use organic flaked coconut for a different texture but regular shredded coconut works well too.
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 1⁄4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugars together.
- Beat in egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix baking powder, baking soda, coconut, oats and flour.
- Add creamed ingredients to dry and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Drop by the tablespoon full onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing to wire rack.
- Dip in cold milk for full effect and enjoy!
These cookies are fantastic! They are my new favorite! I cooked them for 10 minutes so they turned out nice and chewy.