- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (I use cheddar swiss and Parmesan)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- breadcrumbs, if desired (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as per package directions.
- Combine butter and flour in a medium saucepan and melt on low to medium heat.
- Add half of the milk and cheese to saucepan and stir until melted.
- Add the rest of the milk and cheese to saucepan and stir until melted.
- Place pasta in baking dish and pour cheese sauce over pasta and then stir.
- Salt and pepper to taste and top with bread crumbs if desired.
- Bake uncovered for 30 mins at 350.