Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple and easy to make and is my favorite
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (I use cheddar swiss and Parmesan)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- breadcrumbs, if desired (optional)
- Cook pasta as per package directions.
- Combine butter and flour in a medium saucepan and melt on low to medium heat.
- Add half of the milk and cheese to saucepan and stir until melted.
- Add the rest of the milk and cheese to saucepan and stir until melted.
- Place pasta in baking dish and pour cheese sauce over pasta and then stir.
- Salt and pepper to taste and top with bread crumbs if desired.
- Bake uncovered for 30 mins at 350.
A good and easy recipe for mac and cheese. Thanks for the recipe
We have never had Mac and Cheese (it's not very common here in Europe) so I thought we would try this very American comfort food. It was simple and easy to make. For cheese I used Pecorino.
Now don't get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the recipe, well written and with clear instructions, it's only that, this is not for our palate. I'm glad I tried it but I doubt if I would ever make it a second time. And again, it is not the recipe which is at fault, this is just not for us.
Thanks for posting.
Simple and easy. I used mostly cheddar with a bit of swiss mixed in. My wife had three servings and my six year old ate everything on his plate.