Recipe by PSU Lioness
I found this one on Web MD's site in the "Recipes Men Love: Healthy Comfort Food" section. My dad is on a Weight Watchers kick so I figured I'd post this for future reference for my Mama. I hope you all enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 tablespoons concentrated low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (whites and greens)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine canola oil, chicken broth, honey, soy sauce, onions, ginger, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl with a whisk; set aside.
- Remove any visible fat from flank steak. Lightly score the meat with a serrated knife, cutting about 1/4" into the meat in a criss-cross pattern (leave about an inch between cuts) on the top and bottom of the flank.
- Put the flank in a rectangular plastic container, add the marinade and coat the steak well all over. Cover and marinate the steak all day or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Heat grill. Grill steak 10-15 minutes each side, basting with marinade, until desired doneness.
- Use a carving knife to cut diagonally across the grain of the meat into slices of your desired thickness.