Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the easiest and the best tasting cobbler ever! Any kind of fruit can be used - fresh, frozen or canned. My husband likes it with ice cream, but, I like it plain or with just a little milk.
- 3 -4 cups fruit (if using canned, drain first)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Melt butter in a glass 8x8 baking dish.
- Mix all dry ingredients. Add milk and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture over melted butter - DO NOT STIR!
- Put fruit on top of mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
- Serve warm.
This was easy and tasty with the butter added in. I used Splenda for the sugar and frozen blueberries that I defrosted. Thanks for another cobbler dessert.
This makes for a wonderful dessert. I followed the - Do Not Stir - and obviously it works! I made it with one of our favorites, garden fresh rhubarb and everyone loved it. I resisted the urge to add a crumb mixture to the top and it was perfect served with or without the ice cream. The men in your life so know a good dessert when they see it! Thank you for sharing.