Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My dad used to work at Delco Electronics and a coworker of his gave him this recipe. It's become our family favorite recipe and I usually get rave reviews when I make it. It's simple to make and you can spice it up if you want. Serve it with all your favorite toppings. I usually make this in the slow cooker.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 6 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- Brown ground beef, onions and celery in a large pan.
- Drain off fat.
- Add canned ingredients and chili powder.
- Cook on low 1 1/2 hours.
An easy, tasty, satisfying meal that is easy to make vegetarian! Follow the recipe as given, but substitute a package of Boca or Morningstar Farms recipe crumbles from the frozen food section.