Recipe by scfl76
This is my Dad's favorite meal. It's great with a tossed salad. To make things easier, I started using shredded rotisserie chicken meat.
Top Review by mianbao
These provided me with a satisfying meal. I did find the enchiladas fairly bland, even though I had added 5 moderately hot green chilies. They must not have been as hot as I had hoped, because I couldn't even taste them. Next time, I would like to add more, hotter chilies. I also plan to saute the onion in some of the butter and then proceed to the sauce making. Even though the onion is baked, I find I prefer it sauteed. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 12 fajita-sized flour tortillas
- 1 cup chopped onion
- hot sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, then broth; cook until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and add sour cream and half of cheese. Add hot sauce to taste.
- Stir 2/3 cup of sauce into chicken. Add onions.
- Fill tortillas with chicken mixture, roll up, and place in 9x13 pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.