Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
An old favorite of my dad's that was a childhood summertime staple at BBQs ... it's an easy and delicous side with very little cleanup!
- 3 large baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 -5 slices bacon, crisp-cooked
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- Slice potatoes thinly onto a big piece of heavy aluminum foil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Crumble bacon over potatoes. Add onion and cheese cubes.
- Slice butter over all and mix mixture gently on the foil.
- Bring edges of foil up, leaving room for steam expansion. Seal with a double fold.
- Place package on grill and cook about 1 hour, turning several times. Be careful not to burn.
Very good. I couldn't find my salt and pepper shakers so I used seasoning salt instead.
These were so good! Loved the way the potatoes get "done to perfection" and the onion is so sweet! I had to make these at 350* in the oven for 1 hour- worked great!Will definitely make these again- Made for PAC Spring,2011.