Recipe by Grimm's Restaurant Tales
I multiply the sauce part of the recipe by 6 and we eat it with rice. Don't skip the cashews, they are amazing!!!!
Top Review by clintcrystalella
What a great recipe! I skipped the stir fry vegetables (less complaining from my 4 year old and the chance that she might actually think about eating it) and added a little ginger. I double the sauce and I think next time I will triple it. Thanks for sharing.
- 12 ounces beef top round steak or 12 ounces chicken
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon (or chicken for chicken)
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 2 cups frozen stir fry vegetables
- 1 cup cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from beef. Partially freeze beef. Thinly slice across grain into bite-size strips. Set aside. Or do the same with chicken.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together orange peel, juice, cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar, and bouillon granules. Set aside.
- Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more as necessary
- during cooking). Preheat over medium-high heat.
- Stir-fry garlic in hot oil for 1 minute. Add stir-fry veggies.
- Add beef to the hot wok; stir fry until cooked to desired doneness.
- Stir sauce. Add sauce to the center of the wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add water chestnuts and cashews. Stir all ingredients together and coat with sauce. Cook and cover for 1 more minute, or until heated through.