Recipe by jrobertfl
Dad was in charge of making the Turkey stuffing each Thanksgiving. It was the highlight of our meal. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have!
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 16 ounces Jimmy Dean sausage
- 8 ounces Pepperidge Farm stuffing
- 1⁄2 loaf white bread, day old, cubed
- 1 apple, pared and chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth, enough to moisten
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot brown sausage then remove from pot.
- Add butter to the pot and melt, add onion, celery and sauté for about 5 minute All remaining ingredients including sausage and mix together adding enough liquids to moisten.
- Stuff turkey neck cavity and body loosely. and use skewers and string to close.
- Put remaining stuffing into a buttered casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.